Job title: Project Engineer
Working location: Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland and occasionally Naples, Italy
Type of employment: Full-time
We are an Italian EASA approved DOA company (EASA.21J.529) based in Italy (Naples) able to certify and approve any minor/major modification to aircraft cabin interiors by means of Engineering Order/Service Bulletin or STC. We are able to support our customers with a full package approach (including design, certification, manufacturing and installation) with regards to many cabin interiors related services and products.
Our mission is to provide highly qualified engineering and managerial services to the aviation industry, more specifically to aircraft leasing companies, small-medium sized airlines and OEMs by supporting aircrafts transitions on cabin interiors retrofit and/or refurbishment requirements.
We are also the Cabin Branding Specialist within aviation industry and we are the major provider to airlines of cabin branding elements (airlines logo). We conceive the branding design, we industrialize it, we certify, manufacture and deliver the final product.
Since 2020 we have expanded internationally by opening a new office in Ireland in accordance with our development strategy to get closer to Leasing Companies and establishing with them solid and long terms business relationship.
For our Irish office located in Shannon, County Clare we are now looking for a Project Engineer.
We are looking for a dynamic technical professional with aviation industry experience and passion, a good technical background and able to effectively look after the overall technical activity for our Irish office. In this role, you will be the technical liaison between Irish customers and the engineering department located in our headquarter in Italy.
As Project Engineer by reporting to the Head of Project Engineering in Italy, you will also take over the projects awarded by Leasing Companies (namely EASA Part21J Minor Change to cabin Interiors) and will work in close coordination with the engineering department and the rest of the team based in Italy to accomplish any project and successful achieve for it the on-time approval and delivery.
You will travel often to Italy and possibly at customers premises to meet with them and/or where aircraft are located to inspect them in accordance with the needs of any project to be carried on.
- For projects on assignment and arising from Irish market the Project Engineer shall act as technical project interface (Point Of Contact – POC) with Customer and as a such shall manage the project by preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring all the projects activities.
- Collect all pre-modification technical data from the Customer on the specific aircraft subject of the modification project and assess such documentation is updated, valid and sufficient to perform the project and achieve relevant approval.
- Guarantee compliance to all applicable Aviation Authorities standards and regulations (namely EASA and FAA) as well as applicable Customer and OEMs specifications while accomplishing the project.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with all other project participants (also based in Italy) such as designers and certification engineers to make sure project is on-time and on-schedule and final document release and approval date are met consistently with contractual SOW.
- Ensure technical support to the Sales/Marketing function during the commercial negotiation phase, relating to the technical feasibility analysis of the customer’s requests and relative finalization of the technical proposal, with particular reference to the project SOW.
- Define and detail the breakdown of project activities and identify the resources necessary to carry out the same, as well as define the execution times (Gantt drafting of the project) to then take care of them and subsequently verify their compliance.
- As technical interface with the Customer, manage the relationship throughout the project (with the appropriate support of the other company functions) and preside over the main meetings relating to the project “milestones” (ITCM, PDR, CDR, PRM, FAI) and ensure the full and correct availability of the technical support documentation for them and throughout the project.
- Supervise, where necessary and foreseen, the prototyping and/or First Article phases in collaboration with the production and/or the designated supplier.
- Define and complete the certification program applicable to the project/product and take care of its subsequent implementation, also managing any interfaces with external subjects/bodies (test laboratories, authorities, specialist service providers).
- Define, draw up and supervise any test programs on the basis of the provisions of the certification program, ensuring their timely execution in line with the general program timing.
- Check the project documentation, with particular reference to drawings, manuals, installation instructions.
- Draw up technical supply specifications, where necessary.
- Finalize the project documentation package (and take care of any changes and/or revisions that may subsequently become necessary) to transmit it to the other company functions (CVE/OAW) for the appropriate verifications of compliance with the standard (compliance) and therefore obtain the final approval.
- Take care of the timely transmission of the package, once approved to the customer, as a final action and positive finalization of the project itself.
Skill and Expertise Requirements:
- BSc/MSc in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering (better if completed with an MBA) or a proven plurennial past experience in similar positions within Aviation Industry/Airlines.
- Good knowledge of the Aircraft Leasing Companies sector.
- In-depth knowledge and good understanding of the aircraft business with special focus on cabin interiors, aircraft transitions and EASA Part21J environment.
- Understand and interpret aircraft constructor’s data (aircraft manuals, IPC/AMM/SRM/WDM), drawings, parts lists, reports) for both Airbus and Boeing.
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently also with minimal direction, able to assumes ownership and accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD
- Excellent knowledge of technical drawing and the related and main 2D and 3D drawing software
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable aviation regulations including knowledge of EASA requirements.
- Knowledge of the main aeronautical regulations and specifications (EASA Part 21, ETSO, CS-23/25).
- Willingness to make short trips in Italy and abroad.
- Professional manner in order to protect and enhance Company’s reputation as a customer centric company
- Aptitude for cross functional relationships, teamwork and multitasking.
- Previous and proven work experience of at least 2 years in a similar and/or comparable position, preferably in structured companies and in the specific reference sector will be a plus.
- Knowledge of a second language, preferably among the following: Italian, French, German, Spanish.
- Knowledge of the main “OEMs Frame Specifications & Design Criteria” (Airbus, Boeing), with a particular reference to the “Cabin Interiors” (ATA 25).
- Previous and proven work experience in certified aeronautical design companies (DOA, APDOA) will be a plus.
- Knowledge of CS-27/29 specifications.
What we offer
- Market competitive salary
- Training and career development opportunities
- A global collaborative culture
- Opportunity to become a member of a fast-growing company
- Flexible working conditions
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex.
If you believe your profile meets the above requirements and you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and please mention in the subject: Ref. IE-Project Engineer.